donderdag 10 maart 2016

In: from the USA



This postcard from FinnBadger is very special. Not only because of the beautiful design, by Charley Harper, showing a Loon (Diver; 'Duiker' in Dutch), one of my favourite water birds, but also by the postage stamp: it is the new round US stamp and it is the first time for me to see it in real; I love the moon!

FinnBadger chose a perfect combination: the stamp and the picture both show the moon (and the title of Harper's illustration is 'Clair de Loon' which of course reminds us of Debussy's beautiful song).

And third, last but not least: did you notice the postmarks?



Yes, the stamp has been cancelled twice, and even the Harper faux postage got a cancellation mark, on a very special date: leap day!
It doesn't happen often that February counts 29 days, and mail rarely is postmarked this date.
Thank you very much, FinnBadger!

By the way, some more '29 February' postmarks you can find in this IUOMA group.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I have also received that stamp today, with the same cancellations (from FinnBadger, of course!). I think the stamp is superbe. Also the Earth forever stamp, that I have received a lot of times, catch me on every envelope. Oh, and the postcard is very beautiful too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen