donderdag 10 maart 2016

In: from Spain



I think it is clear that I love post offices!
Alas in the Netherlands the 'real' post offices have disappeared, the former post office buildings have gotten new. non-postal destinations and postal things nowadays happen in post agencies in regular shops.

To be short, I was pleasantly surprised that in other places in Europe post offices still exist and still are used the way post offices should be used. For instance this beautiful post office in València, the Corrue at the Plaça de l'Ajuntament.
Thank you very much Eva, I am happy to add this postcard to my 'post offices' collection!



By the way, this postage stamp is new to me. I was surprised by the pink crowns. Usually I don't like pink nor crowns that much, but this combination I think cool :).
And do you notice the postal addition? We used to draw moustaches and glasses on our former queens' stamps (really, we did in our teens and it's not forbidden in our country!). So I love the way Correos cancelled this stamp: it looks as they added glasses, or at least a monocle, before the king's eye!?!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm glad it arrived. Yes, these are the new stamps of the king. Every rate come in a different colour: See here.

    I was looking at you collection of post offices, to which I'm happy to have contributed. I wonder if I have sent the GPO of Castelló. I think I still have a postcard of this one (in Spain).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh, and I have noticed the glasses before I read your text! ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thank you for sharing the link, interesting serie!
    Oh, and I would love to see the GPO of Castelló!
    I thinhk you've sent me a postcard from Villafamès, some years ago, and I vaguely remember that there was the Post Office on it - I should look for it, but it might take some time (I didn't organize my mail from years ago that well yet...)(the mail from present days neither, I'm afraid..)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I think I've never sent it to you. I'll look for that postcard next time I go to Spain. It's the most beautiful building of the city (in my opinion).

      Verwijderen