zondag 22 oktober 2017

Postcards for the weekend: Lighthouses

This weekend's Postcards for the Weekend theme is 'lighthouses'.

Today I'll share three of the lighthouses of the Dutch Wadden Sea Islands.

In my live I've visited only two of these islands (the largest island, Texel, and the smallest inhabited one, Schiermonnikoog).

This lighthouse is the only Wadden lighthouse I've ever seen in real so far. It is named 'Eierland' and is located on the island Texel:



The Brandaris is located on the island Terschelling, and is the oldest lighthouse in the Netherlands:



This card I received from Alvin, who added a matching stamp on the back side:



Finally a photo of the lighthouse of Ameland:



And a drawing, created many years ago to send to Eva:



(The original got lost in the post, but fortunately I had scanned it and then had postcards printed from it.)


See what more lighthouses on postcards other mail lovers have chosen at and via this weekend's Postcards for the Weekend!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. How nice to see again that postcard! The very first you sent to me, errr... eight years ago?! Actually, I received the second, as the first was lost.

    The rest of lighthouses of the post, also thanks to you, aren't new to me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Heleen, Sure enjoyed your lighthouse postcards and the stamps too! Thanks for sharing your interesting blog. Hope you have a fine week ahead!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The last one is very cute! Thank you for sharing your postcards and your lighthouse artwork. It's very smart of you to save a scan of it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen