zondag 17 juli 2016

Sunday Stamps: Science

This Sunday Stamps theme is 'Science'. I hardly dare to say it, because I've mentioned so many favourites already, but 'science' is a theme dear to me, too.

This stamp has been issued by Italian post last year for the San Marino-Italia Techno Science Park:



This is an older stamp from Germany, which shows a portrait of Philippus von Hohenheim, better known as Paracelsus. I am not sure why he isn't looking happy on this stamp, as he has achieved several things, among these he has been credited as the founder of toxicology and for giving zinc its name: 'zincum'.



Finally a stamp sheet issued by Dutch PostNL a year ago (20th July 2015) in honour of the Nemo Science Museum in Amsterdam.
Alas I don't have the complete sheet anymore, however I found this image on the internet to show you:



Both the museum and the stamp sheet have a big similarity: they make 'science' attractive for a large public, by having people learn in a playful and interactive way.

See more stamps to the theme 'Science' at today's Sunday Stamps and follow the links mentioned there.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. An interesting museum, how nice to have a stamp sheet to celebrate it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I never knew about Parcelsus. The museum sheet is interesting and makes me want to check out the science behind each stamp.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Learning about science in a playful and interactive way is the only way for me! I'm afraid I am in catch-up mode after many years of thinking science was boring (patently not true!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen