maandag 12 februari 2018

Sunday Stamps: New Year

This week, on 16 February, the Chinese New Year will start: the year of the Dog.

That means, we'll say goodbye to the Year of the Rooster..
Dutch PostNL issued a stamp sheet on which you can see this change. 'Vaarwel jaar van de Haan' means 'goodbye / farewell to the year of the rooster', and 'welkom jaar van de hond' means 'welcome year of the dog':



Via Instagram I got to know several mail loving people from all over the world. And some of them are starting a so-called 'chaincard' themed 'Year of the Dog'. We are just about to start, so I haven't received any of the stamps yet, but some of them showed the stamps they'll going to use already in the instagram groups, and I like to share the print-screens of these stamp pictures with you!

On alphabetic order:

From Australia / Christmas Island:



From China:





From Indonesia:



From Japan:



From Korea:





From Malaysia:





From Singapore:



From Taiwan:



From Thailand:



On my turn, I'll add the Dutch Year of the Dog stamp to their cards. Dutch PostNL officially will issue this stamp sheet on 16 February, but to my surprise my order arrived already last week :-)



See more stamps of this coming New Year at and via Sunday Stamps.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Sure I'll do! (wished there was a 'Year of the Cavia' :-) )

      Verwijderen
  2. I like the idea of Hello and Goodbye what a nice sheet to combine the two years. Although a dog it reminds me of those Asian temple lions, nice design if slightly scary.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. First the dog reminded me of the tiny cute dogs we name 'schoothondje', 'little lap dog', because they fit well on our laps. But now that I read your comment, Joy, I must agree, this cute little one looks scary, too!..

      Verwijderen
  3. Wow! It's like a party of dogs here on your page. Thank you very much for your effort to feature all these dog stamps from different countries.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Maria! I love it that so many countries issue stamps about the lunar new year. And am grateful for the fact that Dutch Post started to issue Chinese zodiac stamps two years ago (the Year of the Monkey followed by the Year of the Rooster, and now this one). Thanks to that I could join the instagram groups of Lunar Year themed chaincards. I always love to see various images on one theme, and thanks to this I learned about these fascinating designs of one animal by various countries' artists. And am happy to share this happiness :-)

      Verwijderen