maandag 25 maart 2019

Sunday Stamps: E is for Envelope, Erwtjes and Embrace the Earth

Past Sunday's Sunday Stamps theme is/was the letter 'E'. As I was elsewhere, my contribution has a littlE dElay. But here they are:


Envelopes have been pictured on the 2008 Europa stamps (in the year two-thousand-Eight :-) )
For example on this Dutch Europa stamp:



And on the Russian Europa 2008 stamp a modern and classic version of an envelope:



Envelopes behind a modern communication medium (facilitating E-mail!) on the Europa stamp from Azerbeidjan:





Erwtjes, I think a funny Dutch word. It means 'tiny peas' (erwten is the normal plural form of the singular 'erwt'), and I was happily surprised when I saw erwtjes being honoured with a stamp from France:




The erwtjes came on a chaincard themed 'green'. And when thinking of 'green' I think of the Environment, and the need to protect it. So I also was happy to see this stamp on the card. Issued by Turkish Post, a beautiful symbolic way to show the importance of protecting the environment, to embrace the Earth.





See what other 'E' other stamp lovers had in mind on this Sunday at Violet's See it on a Postcard and follow the links in the comments.

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Great selection of E stamps - I don't think I've seen any of them before.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Even not the Dutch Envelope?.. What a shame (on me)! I think I have to mail you soon :-)

      Verwijderen
  2. I love the green associated to the holidays :)

    And, of course, I like the them of "envelopes on stamps". Usually it is the opposite way: stamps on envelopes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Usually the opposite, indeed! Didn't realize that :-)

      Verwijderen
  3. I have seen the happy face Dutch envelope before, but none of the others.
    I love erwtjes, especially in summer. But, what an odd choice for 'vacances'? Or am I missing something?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I think the other stamps show more vacances-like pictures :-)

      Verwijderen
  4. Love the green of the erwtjes stamp, very tasty. I guess we are near the time to plant the seeds now ready for a summer crop.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I agree, almost time to seed! Here in NL we have to be cautous until the half of May, the so-called 'ijsheiligen' (ice-saints, among them Pancratius and others), because after some warmer days, medio May some days will be freezing cold again.

      Verwijderen
  5. We grow sweet peas but they would never match your erwtjes even if we could eat them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen