zondag 10 maart 2019

Sunday Stamps: C is for Chair and Couch

Today's theme for Sunday Stamps is the letter 'C'.

Coincidentally I received a chaincard back home yesterday. The card started its journey on 19 November 2018, and after traveling from the Netherlands to Germany, Hungary, China and Taiwan, it came back full of nice stamps.
As the theme was 'Furnitures', there appeared to be some matching stamps: chairs!



The front side of the card is matching, too! It shows contemporary art by Bill Viola, a video still titled 'Catherine's Room (panel 3)' (2001).



On some of the cards of my chaincard pals I didn't stick the same stamp shown on my card bottom right, but an other stamp from the Children's Stamps 2015 serie, showing a couch:



This time the words in Dutch don't start with a 'C':
chair = stoel
couch = bank (the 'a' pronounced as the 'a' in 'harvest' or 'calm')
coincidentally = toevallig
contemporary art = moderne kunst
card = kaart
chain = ketting
children's stamps = kinderpostzegels

See more stamps on the theme 'the letter C' at today's Sunday Stamps, and don't forget to check the links in the comments to that post!

8 opmerkingen:

  1. An unexpected theme. Great stamps, and great chain card.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Your chain cards always make me jealous!

    I'm happy to see your posts again :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Now that you're in Europe and on instagram again, you might join one!
      Aren't there any chain card people on twitter??

      And thank you, I'm happy to be back again. And hope I'll be posting on a regular base again (but am not sure yet..). We'll see..

      Verwijderen
    2. The fact is that I'm not really into Instagram... Also, you know how here is sometimes difficult to find a particular stamp (mostly, impossible, if you don't pay twice its price, which I don't want!).

      Take it easy with the posts... No pressure! Just that I like to read you :)

      Verwijderen
  3. It would be a privilege to have a chain card like that.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've had a few of those Hungarian stamps, it always surprises me that there are so many stamps featuring furniture, nice cared to have.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. That Dutch chair looks like it might be very comfy!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen